Making the Transition...

and my journey continues...

Saturday, April 3, 2010

BP4_2010041_Web 2.0 Tools - Kafafa


I have chosen Kafafa as the Web 2.0 tool to learn more about and discuss in this blog. Kafafa is a free and very simple website building tool. I can either create a website myself using Kafafa and have my students interact with me via this website or I can group students and have them create their very own websites using Kafafa. With this tool my students would be able to not only create a website but within this website, my students will be able to do a variety of things that engage and motivate them to be an active participant in classroom assignments and activities. Some of the ways I would use Kafafa to engage and motivate my students to interact with me are listed below:

Constantly updated software


Image courtesy of http://kafafa.com/kafafa/default.php?p=features.htm

1) If I decide to have my students visit and interact with me via my website, the first I would do is create a customized poll feature which will allow me to verify which students have in fact visited my website.

2) By using the embed feature students will be able to upload videos from you tube onto the site.

3) With a blogging feature my students can create blogs that respond to specific pieces of information I provide or they can respond to specific blogs that I have on my website. With this added feature, I’d be able to manage all blog entries.

4) A feature that is very exciting is the photo gallery. Using this feature my students can upload photos and even create slideshows that pertain to specific science concepts. This will allow them to be creative in their thinking and develop projects on their own.

5) There is also a media feature on Kafafa that enables the user, my students, to upload videos that they have created. This is very exciting!!

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is very exciting. It's amazing how many way they are coming up with ways to create websites and being able to share media. I feel that this will be a great tool that I will like to incorporate in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a very interesting way to use a tool. It is always good to find something that helps make teacher's work easier. It seems like it is in the same web 2.0 category as flickr and photobucket. Another way to share video items.

    ReplyDelete